Wedding Cake F.A.Q.
- Wedding cakes are priced per person. Please see our information packet.
- Tastings are complimentary for weddings over 50 people. Tastings are pickup only for weddings of 35 people or fewer. There will be a $25 charge for weddings of 35-50 people. When placing your order we will require a VISA MasterCardard number and expiration date. If you do not show up to the tasting or cancel within 48 hours of the tasting date your card will be charged a $25.00 fee.
- You can, of course, bring someone with you to your tasting but please limit it to no more than 4 people in total. Please be aware that we sometimes schedule tastings back to back so it is very important that you arrive on time for your consultation. If you are 15 minutes late we have the right to reschedule your time slot if it will interfere in any other appointments.
- All wedding cake orders require a 50% nonrefundable deposit with a signed contract. Final payment is required 21 days before the wedding date and there will be no changes to an existing order 1 month before the wedding date. All payments are non-transferable and non-refundable. If a cake is canceled within 21 days full payment of the cake is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Sweetie Pies is responsible for the product upon delivery. If for some reason the cake is damaged or destroyed after it has been delivered Sweetie Pies will not be responsible. For instance, if your cake is displayed in an area that has a spot light on it or if the cake is in too warm an area and the buttercream melts Sweetie Pies will not be responsible for the damage.
- Any and all fresh flowers will be provided by the florist for all cakes. If Sweetie Pies is to decorate the cake with the flowers we ask that flowers be delivered to the bakery. Our delivery drivers will not decorate cakes with flowers.
- If you have requested your cake to have a buttercream finish but on your wedding day it is extremely hot and your cake is to be displayed outdoors then Sweetie Pies has the right to change the exterior finish to a rolled fondant, which will be charged to the client. Also, keep in mind that some designs must be in rolled fondant which will be discussed at your consultation.
- If you must cancel your cake it must be done in writing as soon as possible. If you have paid your 50% deposit please keep in mind that it is nonrefundable & nontransferable. Also, if cancellation is within 4 weeks of your event then full payment will be required to Sweetie Pies.